Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Don't just call her "Ugly"

I am going to try one of those things where I post a bunch of screen grabs of a conversation I had on Facebook.  Because, why not?

To set the stage, I belong to a Facebook group called "The Other 98%" who mostly exist to bitch about President Trump and get trolled by way too many Trump supporters with hurt feelings.

One time they posted some information about Kim Davis.  A rather notorious figure in the "Culture Wars" that are currently defining American politics.

Mostly Davis' role in the whole affair is being a bigot who got national attention because she refused to do her job in protest of gay marriage.

Guess it is a good thing she wasn't kneeling during the national anthem?

Anyway, The Other 98% posted a picture and I felt the need to respond with some cautionary advice.

My face and name are marked out in Black, others are marked out in Red (or Orange when they are being pointed at by someone else).

Honestly, I could have put more thought into the color thing, but there was 20 people responding and this is the first time I am doing this with so many names.

It might prove a little hard to follow at times.

Original post.

My response.

First set, I highlighted some key phrases.

Second set, more key phrases.
Third set, more people referencing me directly.
And more people leaning hard into "she's ugly"

Fourth set.

Last one.

 My take away from this is, "Apparently, lots of people wanted to call her Ugly, but on the inside."

Because, clearly, that is the thing I was warning against.

Who knows.  Maybe I am unreasonable?

______________________________

            If you like or hate this please take the time to comment, +1, share on Twitter (click that link to follow me), Tumblr, or Facebook, and otherwise distribute my opinion to the world.  I would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment