Thursday, November 2, 2017

Poem, "Left a Dream"

Left a Dream
First a nod, then a turn
Part from me now?  While we yearn?
I do avow: we will learn…

You are perhaps not wrong when you say
Speaking on dreams of us, in brighter days
Perhaps those are flights left to float away
But there’ll come a night, of subtle ways,

The light of a vision, or the dark of none?
Is it so unlikely, our two could be one?
All that we want, all that we need
All that we are, all that we please
Should this all be left a dream?

Listening to the giggle
Of warm waterway trickle,
And I slide my fingers over
The ripples of the rolling water
I dip my mouth to taste the flow
And hear a sigh as you let go

Elation flashes on warm flesh wet with liquid
My eyes resting on peaks of a beauty, sweet and timid
Holding up myself tight of grip, both hard and rigid

Deeply felt and Heaven calling,
Too quickly spent, though enthralling
Hot and happy, but not calming
More time solicited via palming
Time and time again,
Until no more could I extend

Finishing with a gasp
Oh Heaven, why can I not fix a clasp
To hold this woman, with a lasting grasp?

Why a nod, and then a turn?
Why part when we both burn?
Why?  Please.  Cannot we learn?

Our time does bring smile’s gleam
Should all this be left, just as a dream?

______________________________
            If you like or hate this please take the time to comment, +1, share on Twitter (click that link to follow me), Tumblr, or Facebook, and otherwise distribute my opinion to the world.  I would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment