Monday, September 25, 2017

Colin Kaepernick and Peaceful Protest

            You have to love how on the pulse my finger is.  I missed the boat.  Again.
            I wrote an outline weeks ago on the topic of peaceful protest during NFL games.  I wanted to ruminate a bit, I am not much of a sports guy so I wanted to do some research on how good a player (or bad a player) Colin Kaepernick is.  Then I could link to an SNL discussion on the topic and some memes talking about it.
            I wanted to speak with some authority about why peaceful protest is a good idea.  BOAT HAS SET SAIL WITHOUT ME.
            I figured there was a coin flip the issue would be completely forgotten or still fringe by the time I got the will power to write about it.  NOPE.  President Trump is bitching about it on Twitter as a way to distract from the Russia investigation, Healthcare, his daughter and son-in-law miss using email in the same way Secretary Clinton did, and the deluge of other scandals and tomfoolery he can’t be bothered with.  FYI, at time of writing this Puerto Rico is fucking disaster area.

            And now that I have missed the topic, I present to you the outline I wrote some weeks ago (more than a month looking at the document time stamp, 8/18/17).  I feel I might have wasted some time talking about Netflix reviews.

---Start

Colin Kaepernick

            At this point I am miffed the entire NFL isn't taking knees.
            Have you seen the news?  I can't think of a better reason to protest than the President speaking with respectful deference to white supremacists and Russian dictators.
            Where the hell is the NFL's moral fortitude where they think standing during the National Anthem is more important than standing up against bigotry?  Bigotry that affects 60% of the players of this sport, by the by.

---End

            Remember dear reader, if you have an opinion on a complex issue but need time to get your thoughts together.  MAYBE just try and hammer that shit out faster than 5 weeks, because the world moves fast.
            In all fairness to me, I am not getting paid for any of this.

______________________________
            If you like or hate this please take the time to comment, +1, share on Twitter (click that link to follow me), Tumblr, or Facebook, and otherwise distribute my opinion to the world.  I would appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment