Monday, February 11, 2013

Hole in a Field, Chap 35


A little while ago I wrote a short story for the L. Ron Hubbard "Writers of the Future Contest".  I did not win, and I know why, my story is really more horror than Science Fiction or Fantasy.  But I decided that I will post each chapter here on my blog.  There are 37 very short chapters, for a total of 15,000 words, about a fifth of a modern novel.  Here is the start.  (The shortest chapter in the whole story.)

Chapter 35:
Todd fought at them, feeling them tear at him.  His gun clicking as he had fired his last round.  They stomped on him and punched him, he felt like he was falling, then like he was being carried, more like he was being dragged.  He felt kicks and punches landing as he was jerked along the ground by his outstretched arms, he felt several of his teeth were broken and his lips were shredded, his body felt bruised and swollen and soft, and all of it throbbed.  He felt his knee get stomped and it pop and crunch, he stopped feeling really.  He thought of nothing, he blacked out.  Todd was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment