Thursday, December 15, 2016

Best Disney Quote

            I have not been posting nearly enough this year and I want to steer back from that.  To that end I have found a 30-day blog challenge and fluffed it out to 31 entries (since December has 31 days).  I have done a 30-day challenge before for movies, though that one was poorly executed (I started it in the middle of a month, at one point I posted 2 entries on one day, it is a mess).  I did another one just this year in August on Video Games, that one was better, go read it after this one, all of it.  Or don’t, no pressure.

            Today is day 15 and the topic is “Favorite Quotes”.
Disney has lots of good quotes; you could make a list.  Many have.  I decided to pick one that I do not see a lot on those.  It is the wise and measured words of a good leader who was unjustly destroyed.  Mufasa explaining the Circle of Life in “The Lion King”.
 
There is more to being King than getting your way all the time.
Mufasa: Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.
Young Simba: But, Dad, don't we eat the antelope?
Mufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain. When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so we are all connected in the great Circle of Life.

            I imagine most would take this on its face as a simple endorsement of environmental principles, that the Earth and all its creatures are part of a greater whole and disruptions in that whole have repercussions that can be felt by all parts.  But it is also a pretty good take on politics and society, as everyone exists in a society that feeds on each other and requires each part to remain in balance lest the circle become distorted and eventually broken.
            Maintaining a balance and a respect for the necessity of all the parts is what keeps the cycle turning, what keeps the circle round and rolling.  I feel that there are certain parts of society who need to recognize this and respect it.
 
The King is Dead!  Long live the King!
            Share your own thoughts on this in the comments.  I know I am not the only person out there who is nostalgic for Disney products, and I am sure many people disagree with my selection for today’s entry. 
I picked Disney stuff just because I knew there was so much of it to talk about and it lends itself to discussion in the comments.  So please, tell me how my opinion about cartoon movies is biased and how your opinion on cartoon movies is objectively right.

______________________________
If you like or hate this please take the time to comment, +1, share on Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook, and otherwise distribute my opinion to the world.  I would appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment