Monday, December 19, 2016

Most Magical Disney Moment

I wrote this ahead of time because I was initially planning on having jury duty, I ended up not having to go, merry Christmas.  So if it seems a little short and hammered out, it is because it is.  That said, I think I will try to write something non-Disney for later today.  I have a couple things sitting like lumps of clay that I might be able to mold into something.  Maybe.
  
            I have not been posting nearly enough this year and I want to steer back from that.  To that end I have found a 30-day blog challenge and fluffed it out to 31 entries (since December has 31 days).  I have done a 30-day challenge before for movies, though that one was poorly executed (I started it in the middle of a month, at one point I posted 2 entries on one day, it is a mess).  I did another one just this year in August on Video Games, that one was better, go read it after this one, all of it.  Or don’t, no pressure.

            Today is day 19 and the topic is “Most Magical Moment”.

I might be taking this a little too literally, but it is a scene of an immortal being made out of magic singing about all of the magical tricks he has that allow him to change the world around him.  There are dozens of feats of magic happening each minute and the whole thing is the largest spectacle in its whole movie that has a great deal of classic magical moments like hidden treasures, sorcery, and wishes.  It’s the musical number “Friend Like Me” from “Aladdin”.


I can’t even compare Genie’s magic to anything else in the Disney library.  Maybe Merlin’s shapeshifting battle against that witch in “The Sword in the Stone”, but that is actually a very tame scene overall, as it is just a game of turning into different animals and one pink dragon.
I guess “Fantasia” taken as a whole might be something, that movie does have lots of magical stuff in it, including the Devil (Chernabog) being banished by the power of heavenly music.  Does that perk you up?  I don’t know, I prefer the relatively short song by the funny Genie who mentions baklava.  Whatever.
 
You ain't never had a friend like me.
            Share your own thoughts on this in the comments.  I know I am not the only person out there who is nostalgic for Disney products, and I am sure many people disagree with my selection for today’s entry. 
I picked Disney stuff just because I knew there was so much of it to talk about and it lends itself to discussion in the comments.  So please, tell me how my opinion about cartoon movies is biased and how your opinion on cartoon movies is objectively right.

______________________________

If you like or hate this please take the time to comment, +1, share on Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook, and otherwise distribute my opinion to the world.  I would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment