Tuesday, December 13, 2016

My Favorite Disney Song

            I have not been posting nearly enough this year and I want to steer back from that.  To that end I have found a 30-day blog challenge and fluffed it out to 31 entries (since December has 31 days).  I have done a 30-day challenge before for movies, though that one was poorly executed (I started it in the middle of a month, at one point I posted 2 entries on one day, it is a mess).  I did another one just this year in August on Video Games, that one was better, go read it after this one, all of it.  Or don’t, no pressure.
            Today is day 13 and the topic is “Favorite Song”.
            The song is “Let it Go” from “Frozen”.  I heard and enjoyed the song as a pop-song before I even knew it was in the movie.  It is good to listen to while running up hill.


            What is ironic is, even though I like the song on its own, it is not a particularly triumphant song in the narrative, as it is Elsa in denial about her place in the world.  She just ruined her own kingdom and abandoned her sister.  Neither of these things is good, and the fact that she is so mopey when confronted later shows that this song, in the context of the story anyway, is just a big lie to both the audience and to the character.
            It would have made more sense had they just made Elsa the villain, but they decided to instead shoehorn in a couple instead when they decided that Elsa would be the secondary protagonist.  Too bad, as a song about a crazy powerful and dangerous person cutting loose would make for the most upbeat villain song in Disney.

And I guess they couldn't make the bad guy a protagonist...
Unless they want to give her a tragic back story about getting raped.
             Share your own thoughts on this in the comments.  I know I am not the only person out there who is nostalgic for Disney products, and I am sure many people disagree with my selection for today’s entry. 
I picked Disney stuff just because I knew there was so much of it to talk about and it lends itself to discussion in the comments.  So please, tell me how my opinion about cartoon movies is biased and how your opinion on cartoon movies is objectively right.

______________________________
If you like or hate this please take the time to comment, +1, share on Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook, and otherwise distribute my opinion to the world.  I would appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment