Wednesday, March 1, 2017

6 Years of Blogger and 400 Entries

            This blog is both my 6th year anniversary of writing on blogger, and my 400th entry overall.  It took me a hell of a lot less time to get to 400 than it took to get from 200-300.  Or not. 
It’s all relative.

            For instance, this is the first time I have acknowledged the anniversary of me starting this blog.  Every other instance of March 1st is empty.  But the 100’s I have acknowledged each time.  So, I judge myself more by output rather than the duration of time I have been at this.  Is this many entries a lot for a blog?  Is it for a blog that is 6 years old?  I don’t know.

            I don’t even know if this blog serves as anything other than a practice ground for my own attempts to improve my writing.  I know on some level that you have to open yourself to scrutiny if you have any hope of improving.  Graded by a teacher, asking a friend to read your stuff, or submitting it to an editor.  If you just write for no one’s sake but your own, then it is unlikely you will ever improve in anyway other than indulging yourself.  And indulging yourself is not a marketable skill.

            Has my writing improved?  Maybe.  I would hope so.  This entry is hardly a stellar example of it.  Just a meandering self-reflective (and aggrandizing) non-work.  I mean, 300 was my review of “The Force Awakens”, that at least had something to read during all the back patting.  Maybe I could try to review “Rouge One”, but I hated it, and I just don’t want to.

            No poems or anything.  And I don’t really want to talk too much about my other blog goals (“Entry for every day on the calendar” or the “Writing 1,000,000 Words”) because I plan to talk about those near the end of April when I do the update for the “Writing 1,000,000 Words” project.  Though it is worth mentioning that both of those things started years after I started on Blogger, and Blogger wasn’t even my first blog, I wrote 100 entries in the “notes” section of Facebook and on Myspace of all places.

            Maybe I could mention the 30-day challenges I did?  And how I can’t find anymore online that aren’t complete shit.  Honestly I had to heavily modify the ones I did to make them work.  Why is it so difficult to find good writing prompts?

            And the novelette I wrote.  And the “Write a chapter every once in a while” story I started and almost immediately failed to keep going.  I have an unedited chapter for that thing, maybe I should put it out there, a multi-year jump between chapters should be a big deal.  I outlined the story, I just need to do it (story of my fiction writing life).

            I don’t know.  Whatever.  This is just “What’s on my Mind”.

______________________________
            If you like or hate this please take the time to comment, +1, share on Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook, and otherwise distribute my opinion to the world.  I would appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment