Saturday, August 13, 2016

What am I Currently Playing

            I have not been posting nearly enough this year and I want to steer back from that.  To that end I have found a 30-day blog challenge and will be writing out entries, hopefully I can get all thirty days without any breaks, and if I manage to do that (since August has 31 days) I will think of an additional entry to write about.  I have done a 30-day challenge before, it for movies, but that was a while back, feel free to read those too if you like.

            Today is day 13 and the topic is “What am I currently Playing”.
            This and tomorrow are easy days, and I put them at this part of the line up so I could play catch up.  I started out with a 4-day lead, now I am pretty much on the day of.  This also has the side effect of giving this entry the shortest shelf life and the least substance.
            There are some games that I am pretty much always playing, “Civilization V” and “Age of Empires III”.  They are games which have instances, they generate a map, some allies and opponents, and then you play until you win or lose.  I play these games whenever I am watching something on my other monitor (usually Netflix) and they have no story or narrative element to keep track of.  “X-Com” was on this list, but it got really temperamental when I upgraded to windows 10 and I uninstalled it, it has story elements but I don’t dwell on them.
            What I am playing that has a definite end is “Fallout 3” (which I am playing thru on an Xbox360 with my brother’s hard drive, because he has the DLC, and I have to play on his profile) and “Fallout 4” (which I am playing on my brother’s Xbox 1, there is no DLC and I plan to play thru the complete version of the game once it is on console so that I can mod some of the REALLY dumb problems the game has.  Most of which have to do with the Pip-Boy, more specifically the “Notes” section, and holy crap are there other things that just make me want to bang my head at how cluttered and disorganized it is).
            I would like to send a short message to Bethesda: fix up the PC version of “Fallout 3” to run on windows 10.  Hell, do a remastering like you are with “Skyrim”, add in the weapon crafting from 4 and touch up the skills (NO ONE NEEDS A BIG GUNS SKILL).  Then do the same thing to New Vegas.  In fact, do both of them and release them together on the 10th anniversary of 3.  You have 2 years to do this.
            There are also a bunch of games I started for 40-90 minutes, thought they were fine, but have not returned to.  For instance, “Kingdoms of Amalur” (which is basically “Fable”), “Mark of the Ninja”, “Super Meat Boy”, “Shadowrun Returns”, and “Invisible Inc.”
             What are you currently playing?  Share yours in the comments.

______________________________
If you like or hate this please take the time to comment, +1, share on Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook, and otherwise distribute my opinion to the world.  I would appreciate it.


1 comment:

  1. I think a special edition of Fallout New Vegas would be more entertaining than the special edition of Skyrim we are getting. Hell, give us an updated version of Morrowind for fuck's sake, that game was freaking amazing.

    The thing I always play, WoW, is getting an update soon so I have been doing lot of that. No Man's Sky as well, which is more entertaining than I expected.

    ReplyDelete